Holly Revell is an experienced photographer and videographer of live performance and all that surrounds it. Combining her interests in the process of photography; its intimacy and how it can ‘make things happen’ with her passion for avant-garde queer performance, she works with its creators making collaborative images and portraits as well as documenting their work.
Revell is an experienced portrait photographer with studio access based in East London or she will come to you to work on location - headshots, portraits, family... http://www.hollyrevell.co.uk/portraits-and-headshots/
Holly is also known for her bespoke photo-booth installations which can be set up at art/cabaret events or hired for private or corporate events... http://www.hollyrevell.co.uk/photo-booths/
Holly Revell is a photography educator too and offers DSLR training to small groups or on a one to one basis. She also does community photography workshops and has experience working with young people and vulnerable adults. She is employed by Create as well as working on a freelance basis.
For bookings, commissions, collaboration or photo-booth please email firstname.lastname@example.org
EXHIBITIONS, EVENTS, INITIATIVES, PUBLICATIONS
- 'TRANSFORMATIONS' exhibition at Limewharf and The Glory. http://www.huckmagazine.com/art-and-culture/pictures-transformation-drag-queen-self/
- 'THE REGULARS' public exhibition in Gillet square.
- 'DALSTON STREET SHOW' work shown in Gillet Square and at Dalston Superstore as part of Photomonth.
- 'WE R' Gay Pride group exhibition at Espacio Gallery in Bethnal Green.
- TRAWLER magazine - front cover and inside feature using my portraits.
- ATTITUDE magazine - feature using my portraits.
- D.A.R.C. (documentary action research collective) pilot - Arts Council funded. "DARC is a collective of artists who work in different media creating documentation and promotional material for artists. We believe that the documentation ofartist's work is not just an act of preservation, but a creative act in itself. We consider our work a process of collaboration, a dialogue, a responsibility and an art form of its own."
- Forensic Identity – Wellcome Collection – a series of workshops I facilitated with A level students resulting in an exhibition at the Wellcome.
- Numerous contributions to QX magazine including a front cover.
- Sin in my Heart – group exhibition – Manchester Kraak gallery and the Bunker, London.
- Imaging Performance – a series of workshops with A level students resulting in a Friday late presentation at the British Museum.
2013 and beyond
- DARKROOM photo-booth workshops and installations in galleries and venues inc. The Barbican, A-side B-side Gallery, Act Art, The Green carnation, Hot August Fringe at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern, David Hoyle's Slurry, Winter Warmer and Lives, Naked Boys Reading at Vogue Fabrics and Ace Hotel, Wotever World's Christmas Bazaar, Lolo Brow's Cabaret Derangium...
- Published work in a number of issues of 'Flip' magazine; published by London Independent Photography, 'The mammoth book of gorgeous guys'; published by Constable and Robinson,
- QED (queer erotic drawing) a series of pop-up classes I founded and hosted,